Minimum 97 hours (5 day course) plus independent study.
The purpose of the First Person on Scene (FPOS) qualifications are to provide immediate life support to the patient pending the arrival of definitive pre-hospital care. The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Extended Certificate for First Person on Scene is for learners who work in, or who want to work in, the pre-hospital care industry as first responders. Learners will normally be employed as, or looking to apply for jobs as, a first responder in a primary care role.
- Understanding the Roles and Responsibilities of the First Responder
- Emergency Care of Casualties for the First Responder
- Recognising and Managing Trauma for the First Responder
- Recognising and Managing Medical Conditions for the First Responder
- Developing the Competencies of Incident Management for the First Responder