A minimum of four hours (half day)
This awareness course is aimed at anyone wanting to gain a basic understanding of mental health; be able how to recognise and manage stress and know how to refer on to mental health professionals. Learners will be able to recognise a suspected mental health condition and have the skills to signpost a person towards professional help.
- Defining mental health and understanding the stigma around mental health
- Identifying factors that impact mental health
- The role of first aider for mental health
- Outline advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected mental health condition
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Identify signs of stress and be able to state how stress can be managed
- Identify signs and symptoms for depression, anxiety, psychosis, eating disorders, suicide & self-harm.